We often get nervous, and not know the right thing to say when someone is grieving. Below are some helpful things and words that you CAN say/do during a loss:
- Tell them you are “Sorry for their loss.”
- Hug them, cry with them, and sit in silence with them, sometimes words aren’t necessary so put on your listening ears!
- If you have experienced a loss, share that experience with them, but be careful to not minimize their pain.
- Remember the baby/Child’s birthday, or any other day that might be hard on the parents. Send them a card or note saying you are thinking of them.
- Pray for them; pray with them. Ask specifically what they want you to pray for.
- Prepare meals or set up a Take Them A Meal account, and encourage friends to sign up to send food.
- Take her to get a massage or pedicure. (Gift certificates are nice, but most likely she won’t leave the house unless someone drags her out.)
- Pay for a house cleaner to clean for her.
- Cut their lawn. One of the best gifts we received was hearing a lawn mower in our yard, and it was our neighbor cutting our lawn! One less thing to stress about!
Have something we should add to our list? Please contact us – info@KalebKares.com